Fuel Saving Tips & Tools
Summer is here and that means hiking season! So let’s get the most out of every mile per gallon while driving back and forth to our favorite hiking spots. We have a few tips that can help everyone boost their fuel economy.
- Remove excess weight. It is summer and if you don’t need that ski rack or Thule on your till next winter take it off and store it. Not only do those winter accessories add weight to your car but they also create drag which makes your engine work harder.
- Cruise control. A super helpful feature when driving on the highway to help keep you at a consistent speed. Using cruise control can save you up to 6% in fuel consumption when driving on the highway.
- Change your oil. Getting your oil changed regularly is very good for the overall health of your car but also boost your fuel economy.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated. Underinflated tires create drag and require more gas to move. When your tires are properly inflated you could boost your fuel economy by 5%.
- Try not to speed. Aside from getting a speeding ticket, driving at high speeds requires more fuel. If you drive at 65mph instead of 75mph you could save 15% more fuel.